Please read the policy carefully before using the Site. By using the Site, you confirm your acceptance of the policy. BeneOffice Canada Inc. reserves the right to modify this policy at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting on the Site.
The Policy is based on the ten principles of fair information practices set out in Schedule 1 of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and is as follows:
- Accountability: All employees of BeneOffice Canada Inc. are accountable for protecting the confidentiality and security of all personal information under their control. We have designated an individual to oversee our compliance with the Act and ensure that our ten privacy principles are upheld.
- Identifying Purpose: We will identify the purposes for which your personal information is being collected either before or at the time of collection. With your permission, your personal information may be collected, used and disclosed by BeneOffice Canada Inc. the information necessary to effectively conduct our business and provide our products and services.
- Consent: We will explain the reason for and obtain your consent before using your personal information for any purpose other than those listed above. We will only collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent, except where otherwise required or permitted by law. BeneOffice Canada Inc. does not sell, trade or rent its clients' personal information to any organization for any purpose. It is your right to choose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information. You may even deny us or withdraw consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information for certain purposes. However, it is important to remember that we require certain aspects of your personal information in order to establish your eligibility for certain products and services, or to continue to provide you with these products and services.
- Limiting collection: We will limit the collection of your personal information to only those details that are necessary for the purposes identified.
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention: We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless you have consented otherwise, or when it is required or permitted by law. Your personal information will only be retained for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and to meet any legal or regulatory requirements.
- Accuracy: We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. You can assist us in ensuring your records are current by providing us with any changes to your personal information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and amend it as necessary.
- Safeguards: We will protect the personal information we collect from you with security safeguards. Unencrypted, electronically transmitted information is not 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us electronically or that you request us to transmit to you via public internet. Our systems and procedures are designed to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal information. Only authorized employees and service providers of BeneOffice Canada Inc. have access to your personal information. Some service providers may be located outside of Canada. Our commitment to security extends to the contracts and agreements that we sign with external suppliers and service providers.
- Openness: We will make available to you information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Access: We will give you access to your personal information at your request, subject to any legal or business restrictions. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging compliance: You may contact us with any questions, concerns or suggestions with respect to our ten privacy principles at the address below.
BeneOffice Canada Inc.
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
PO Box 173 London Station B PO
London, ON, N6A 4V6
This privacy statement is governed by applicable provincial and federal laws and applies to all clients who are Canadian residents. It is subject to review and change from time to time to ensure its continued accuracy and relevance.